Mobile e-commerce apps have become more or less mandatory in today’s extremely competitive markets, but just having an e-commerce application isn’t enough. Even if it’s the most efficient and has all the cool store features, people actually need to use it!
Read on to learn how to boost downloads and increase interactions with strategic Magento mobile app advertising.
1. App Store Optimization (ASO) and Visibility
When users search for e-commerce apps such as yours, they are presented with a bazillion of seemingly similar choices in long lists. Ranking high in these lists is key to getting more downloads. Let’s see the most important factors for app visibility in app stores:
- Overall Reviews Rating: This is determined by positive reviews, and higher ratings influence download decisions greatly.
- Number of Downloads: Arguably as important as rating, total # of downloads shows.
- Accurate Description: A good description will tell the user straight away what your app does and entice them to click the “more” button.
- Relevant Keywords: Keywords are important to differentiate your offering from competitors, but also to help automated systems rank your app higher.
- Visuals and Screenshots: These actually showcase your professionalism, as well as the actual UI of your app.
- Retention Rate: The longer a user keeps an app on their phone, the higher the rankings for this app will be. This is determined by the number of people who retain or uninstall your app over a period of 30 days.
By addressing the above, you are optimizing your app store visibility. App Store Optimization is big and getting bigger, but it’s only part of the solution, so don’t throw all your money at it in your quest to supercharge your Magento mobile app.
2. Leverage the Community Magento Mobile App
Having optimized your app’s visibility at the store, it’s time to hit social media for some cost-effective marketing. Community-based marketing, also known as viral loop marketing, focuses on creating a community of users via personal recommendations that actually help each other without forcefully convincing users to download the app. This boosts user acquisition and customer retention without breaking the bank.
To achieve that, you may want to try the following:
- Signup incentives: Users win small bonuses for signing up.
- Invite your friends campaigns: Users are asked to invite friends to download the app.
- Value benefits: By showcasing success stories of users who got your Magento mobile app and it worked fine for their online purchases, you will increase your app’s perceived value.
Viral loop marketing is also a great way to get more reviews as part of your App Store Optimization efforts. You need to fully take advantage of FB, Twitter, and possibly other social media sites to spread the word.
3. Traditional SEO
Your app is still going to be listed in old-school search engines, and even if it doesn’t rank particularly high in the store, it can still rank high in search engine results pages (SERPs)if your SEO is strong.
There are numerous ways to increase the SERPs ranking of your Magento mobile app, and if you don’t do it, your competitor will. However, this is not the whole picture…
4. Paid Advertising
Mobile marketing is growing ridiculously fast, and, guess what, it works powerfully for mobile apps. If you want to spend money to advertise your e-commerce app, there’s probably no better way than mobile marketing.
Mobile marketing also works synergistically with SEO and social media campaigns, creating a whole circle of goodness for your app.
Mobile ads come in two varieties:
With search ads, you ‘bid’ on certain keywords that your audience might be searching for, and pay each time a user clicks on one of them. With your Magento e-commerce app, you can target specific features to boost your sales, including a direct-to-download button.
These include flashy banners and even full-screen ads that can captivate your audience when done right, or annoy them when they are too obtrusive. There are tons of different mobile ad formats you can try, but for a Magento e-commerce app, you might want to focus on typical Google AdWords formats. Follow Google’s recommendations closely to create a user-friendly experience that won’t get penalized by Google itself.
If your Magento e-commerce app focuses on local markets, you should seriously consider geo-targeting your app to your most relevant audiences. There is no reason to market to the whole world if your app is going to be used only by a specific demographic, so plan ahead!
By efficient geolocation, you can cut back costs and make every dollar you spend on marketing count. The good news? If your app expands in scope, it is easy to expand your geo-targeted locations to match. Going from local to global is a lot easier (and more cost-efficient) than the other way round, so be mindful of any keywords that target specific countries, regions, or demographics.
6. Track, Analyze and Manage
No advertising project is ever complete without proper management and control. Even if you think you’re doing great, you need hard numbers to be sure. By leveraging the power of a range of online tools, you can track your app’s performance, get notifications on new reviews, auto-update tags, and ultimately improve engagement.
Many of these tools can be directly integrated with your app platform so you have full control and a bird’s eye view of what’s going on. Sounds complicated? It doesn’t have to be.
7. Enlist the Help of Magento Professionals
Is your app up to scratch? Does it sport a user-friendly design? Is it integrated with Analytics E-commerce Tracking and Tag Manager? Does it offer you real time monitoring?
If the answer to any of the above is ‘no’, then you have to seriously consider the help of reputable e-commerce app experts to help you get ahead of the competition!
Through the help of mobile-focused solution companies such as t-appz, you can optimize your mobile app project and leverage innovation to add value to your business.